The following books contain useful information about Quakers:
- Friends for 350 Years, Howard Brinton. Classic review of the history, organization and testimony of Friends.
- Portrait in Grey, John Punshon. Traces the beginnings of Quakerism, its way of life, and its explosive expansion.
- Quaker Meeting: A Risky Business, Eric Johnson. Personal observations and humorous anecdotes.
- Encounter with Silence, John Punshon.
- Quakerism: A Study Guide of the Religious Society of Friends, Leonard Kenworthy.
- The Amazing Fact of Quaker Worship, George Gorman.
The following websites may also be useful (last updated 2/22/08):