Event Planning - Meeting House & Grounds
The Live Oak Friends Meeting House is available for weddings, memorial services, and community events almost every day of the year. Since opening in 2001, the Meeting House has been the choice of couples looking for an intimate yet elegantly simple setting for their special day. You can find pictures of the Meetinghouse here.
Couples from all faith backgrounds bring their own faith and spirituality into the simplicity and beauty of the Meeting House. Light from the Night Space designed by artist James Turrell, accentuates the unique setting. The SkySpace can be enjoyed during sunrise and sunset during good weather.
Weddings are often timed to begin and end during the dramatic 40-minute sunset light change as viewed through the open Sky Space, and a few couples have chosen to be married during sunrise.
As you plan your special day, we invite you to experience the beauty and simplicity of the Meeting House for yourself. The Meeting House, Night Space and Sky Space are open to the public for sunset viewing every Friday from 30 minutes before sunset until dark.
The Meeting House is also a wonderful venue for memorial services. The solitude and community experienced in the Night Space or Sky Space brings an atmosphere of comfort in the times of remembrance. Contact the scheduler to assure your date is available and to ask any questions you may have. The scheduler will then direct you as to next steps. The contracts for weddings, memorial services, community events, concerts and other performances and renting just the grounds are available below as PDF files.
Please bear in mind the following guidelines for events at the Meeting House:
- The maximum seating capacity of the Meeting House is 120 people.
- Our current wedding fee for four hours is $1,200, which includes the use of the Meeting House and the “Little House” adjacent to the Meeting House for changing clothes.
- While the Meeting House is not equipped for catered wedding receptions, arrangements for a small reception in the front and rear rooms or a seated dinner under the wide covered porches is possible.
- Use of the building and grounds after the first four hours may be arranged for an additional fee.
- Couples often take advantage of the beautiful grounds for picture taking either before or after the wedding.
- The Sky Space must remain closed if there is a possibility of rain.
- Pictures of the building, the Night Space, the Sky Space and Meeting House space are found here.
To make a deposit or payment towards your facilities reservation, please send the appropriate rental contract (see below) and a check to:
Live Oak Friends Meeting
1318 West 26th Street
Houston, TX 77008
You can also make a payment by clicking here. Please include a description of which event you are paying for including your contact information. Thank you.